R&D: ION has a fully equipped R&D department with a wide range of activities. The department operates a Pilot-Plant system (small-scale laboratory production), able to undertake all the necessary tests.
The R&D activities comprise:
• Specification and selection of the used products and production methods
• Control of the technical specifications of all products and processes
• New product development
• Cost optimisation for raw materials, products and processes
• Optimisation of products and processes
• Undertaking laboratory tests for raw materials, processes and new products
• Providing updates on the latest developments on a technical and technology level and on raw materials (new materials, processes, technologies etc.)
• Maintaining contact with relevant bodies/ organisations on technical, nutritional and product marking/ law issues
• Providing advice and technical support to customers (professional confectioners – pastry cooks)
Quality Control: All ION products fulfil the given specifications (which are set by the company and the consumer), and guarantee the consumers’ health. To that effect the company operates an HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) system of quality control.
The function of quality control is carried out by specialist staff and comprises the control of raw materials, packaging materials, production processes and product at all production stages. Product testing is also done for all production batches as well as product analysis in the specially equipped laboratory. The applied methods of quality control are those set by the food industry world-wide.
The application of HACCP system, according to the EU directive 93/43, is a guarantee for the consumer against natural, chemical and microbiological hazards.